BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Selling milk by the death yurt.


 Selling milk by the death yurt.


8 maids a-milking

When I was working on a documentary photo shoot in Kyrgyzstan a few years ago, I stayed in a remote village of Balichi where the inhabitants had never seen westerners before. I stayed with a large family who gave up their bed for us and gave us biscuits, cold fried onions, potatoes, sugar and sweets for breakfast, real luxuries for them. One night I was woken up by high pitched wailing, and when I got up in the morning I was shocked to see that the villagers had put up a yurt in the middle of a clearing throughout the night. The noise had been coming from the yurt, as the body had been laid in there and it had became the hub of the community. Life went on like this for several days as these ladies sat outside and calmly sold their milk in the midst of all the distress. 

See more of my documentary photography here. If you have a project coming up, and you need an experienced documentary photographer as part of your team, please contact me for rates and availability.



For latest images, news and to find out more checkout my...
T: 01903 537871
M: 07868555470

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Maria Scard Photography. Designed by OddThemes