BREAKING NEWS

Friday 24 June 2011

What about the photography?

My plan is...that my blog will not only be a place to share some of my current professional work, but also a place to share some of my personal work and work from the past. So many of my images have great stories to go with them, I'ed like to revisit some of those with you. I guess that is part of who I am as a photographer I am passionate about telling peoples stories in images, capturing something in a moment, a relationship, a look an observation that conveys something both memorable and meaningful.  So here goes story one: light in the darkness
For the past five years I have had the privilege of photographing the shoe box appeal for the charity Link Romania, they work all over Eastern Europe seeing much poverty but bringing much joy and hope.
This year in Moldavia it was at the end of a long day, that we were visiting the elderly and disabled in the remote village of Dancu .We were taken to the home of a 47 year old lady who had lost the use of both her legs. As a photographer I am always looking for the best light, it was only 4 o'clock and we were in the pitch dark so I was a bit concerned as to why there no lights on. She had no electricity, thats why. I carry lighting with me so we lit the room with that and helped her open her shoebox. For those of you who don't know, shoe boxes are filled gifts from people in the uk, it is often the only gifs these people receive at Christmas,so they are pretty special. The amazing thing was in that shoebox some one had put a small candle, I see thousands of shoeboxes opened and rarely see this gift, it was a very humbling and moving sight. I turned my lighting off and here is the image I was left with, a small gift of charity really can bring light in someones darkness.

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Maria Scard Photography. Designed by OddThemes